Requirements Analyst - Fairfax, Virginia
Gathers, documents, communicates, and reviews complex requirements. Analyzes customer's goals for the product and defines functional and quality requirements. Works with the customer to identify and prioritize the software requirements as well as communicating to the customer any changes to the end-product requirements and test results.
* Evaluates complex requirements and their characteristics. Obtains stakeholder commitments to requirements to include identifying, involving, and documenting stakeholder involvement and decisions.
* Uses a requirements management system to document requirements, prioritizes and tracks history of changes. Creates and executes queries in Requirement Management System. Leads requirement reviews and refinement meetings.
* Ensures alignment between project work and requirements and updates entries on a bidirectional requirements traceability matrix. Creates acceptance criteria, organizes requirement reviews and reviews test cases.
* Partners with QA team in defining and evaluating tests in all phases of software development lifecycle.
* Elicits customer needs and captures them into requirements that meet project standards.
* Establishes product and product component requirements, allocates product component requirements and identifies interface requirements.
* Defines required functionality and quality attributes, contributes to the analysis and validation of complex or non-routine requirements.
* Provides production support by checking system performance and responding to the more complex user questions and queries.
* Identifies, communicates, and implements improvements to the software development process.
* Identifies and tracks and resolves bugs, issues, and risks that arise throughout the software development life cycle.
* Acts as a mentor, providing guidance and/or instruction to colleagues with less experience.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Professional Certifications or License preferred
5-10 years of experience
Other Job Specific Skills
* Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Excellent communication skills that demonstrate an ability to develop and present ideas and results in oral and written format.
* Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
* Strong customer service and experience working in a team-oriented environment.
* Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.
* Knowledge and experience with implementation of the full software development lifecycle.
* Ability to independently conduct research and document and communicate results.
* Expertise with software development lifecycles (agile and waterfall).
* Acts as a leader to other members of the team, providing mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
* Experience in a client facing role.
This position requires US Citizenship and eligibility for a Public Trust level clearance.