This position oversees the Transmission Line and Distribution Line Engineering for our client. These projects are to include greenfield and brownfield transmission projects.
- This position may be filled at a Team Lead or Manager level based on the skill level and experience.
- The level of responsibilities will be commensurate with the level offered.
Transmission & Distribution Line Engineering Team Supervision
- Work assignment
- Team supervision
- Team mentoring and training
- Update and maintain processes and procedures
- Team performance Reviews
- Design of transmission & distribution line engineering projects
- Resolves technical issues
- Client interface for project specifications
- Provide technical leadership for T & D team
- Provide training to team members and others as needed
- Conduct all transmission line engineering related business development efforts
- Source and secure new clients for T&D department (Manager only)
- Represents company on client visits
Detailed Compilation of Tasks/Duties
- Plans, schedules, conducts and/or coordinates all phases of detailed engineering
- Determines and documents project estimate, scope and schedule; evaluates design options and criteria
- Perform and oversee detailed engineering calculations for the design of steel, concrete, and wood supporting structures and their associated foundations
- Perform and oversee cable sag and miscellaneous calculations to support creation of construction bid packages
- Assure the development of designs and specifications are in compliance with industry and client specific standards
- Works with client and/or construction contractors to develop and incorporate best design practices (Manager Only)
- Troubleshoot urgent issues and respond calmly and professionally in high stress situations
- Assist upper management in establishing technical direction and philosophy for the department
- Act as the single point of contact within the company for all technical issues relating to transmission and/or distribution line design/engineering (Supervisor position will assist upper management with this task)
- Provides thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, and calculations
- Periodically conducts field visits to collect data
- Conduct team member performance reviews and evaluations
- Assist in business development efforts in the area of transmission & distribution business under the guidance and in conjunction with upper management
- BS degree in civil/structural or electrical engineering. Graduate degree preferred
- Professional Engineer license is required
- At least 10 years (5 years for Supervisor position) of professional experience in transmission line engineering
- Experience in both transmission and distribution line design preferred
- Manager: 3-5 (or more) years of supervisory/management experience is required.
- Supervisor: 1-2 years of supervisory and/or team lead experience is required
- Structural design and/or geotechnical experience is a plus
- PLS CADD and PLS-Pole experience required. PLS-Tower and PLS-Caisson experience is a plus
- Experience with foundation design software such as MFAD or LPile is require
- Experience in the electric utility industry required
- Project Management experience
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and think analytically
- Strong team skills with the ability to be flexible
This position supervises the Transmission & Distribution Line Engineering Group.
This position reports to the President or his designee.
TRAVEL: This position requires minimal travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.