WHO WE ARE:
The Teacher Retirement System of Texas is the largest public retirement system in Texas, serving more than 1.5 million people. Innovation, technology, and collaboration make the difference as we strive to continue earning your trust every day. TRS improves the retirement security of Texas public education employees through our 'best in class' investment management and delivery of pension and health care benefits.
Our Mission: Improving the retirement security of TRS members by prudently investing and managing the Trust assets and delivering benefits that make a positive difference in their lives.
Few careers allow you to challenge yourself professionally while you give back to meaningful individuals, like a favorite teacher or school bus driver. Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) manages retirement and healthcare plans for nearly 1.6 million public education professionals and we are growing. That growth means adding to talented teams who are dedicated to keeping the Trust financially healthy for a long time to come.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
System Administration Technology
· Provides infrastructure support expertise with a focus in the area of Microsoft Windows and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) and Fuse Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies.
· Deploys applications across multiple technologies using continuous integration / continuous deployment methodology, primarily based on Windows PowerShell.
· Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves infrastructure problems related to Red Hat and Microsoft technologies.
· Works with developers, DBAs, QA staff and others for continuous process improvements and high quality deliveries on time.
· Develops policies, procedures, and standards for installing, configuring, and supporting Red Hat technologies with Microsoft Windows servers.
System Administration Maintenance
· Plans an infrastructure environment for multiple applications.
· Oversees the installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of a large Microsoft server farm with Java applications.
· Conducts product evaluations of new software and upgrades to existing middleware software to identify strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the agency.
· Monitors applications to ensure compliance with licensing agreements and system availability.
· Collaborates with other agency staff to maintain application and network security.
· Provides training and technical assistance to IT and other staff on middleware technology software and related issues.
Performs related work and on-call or scheduled after hours work as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
· High school diploma or equivalent and additional full-time, related experience may substitute for the required education on an equivalent year for year basis.
· Five (5) years of full-time, recent network administration experience, including four (4) years administering a large Microsoft Windows server environment.
· Experience may be concurrent.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.trs.texas.gov/careers or www.trs.csod.com/careersite.
For more information, visit www.trs.texas.gov.