Sr Java Developer with Cloud Job
|Location: Center Valley, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 6/6/2019
|Wage: $18034 - $19034 per year
|Job Code: BBBH29758
- Our Client is seeking a Sr. Java Developer with strong Cloud experience.
- Create/ implement solutions against Company content to produce value add enrichments.
- Learn and work with complex Company Identity Resolution systems that are a key element of this position.
- Provide technical direction and guidance across multiple projects.
- Help innovate our engineering activities to help set the Enterprise Architecture vision and principles/standards through active participation and hands-on development.
- Participate in analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Review project documents - specifically technical design specifications - to ensure that they will result in solutions that are "fit for purpose" and provide the intended business functionality. Provide a future looking lens to all programs to identify unanticipated benefits from the solution being developed. Ensure deliverables resulting from technology programs are extensible to accommodate future requirements.
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Freely shares experience/expertise with the development team. Demonstrates highly collaborative behavior.
- Mentor junior developers and team members
- Work with Project Management to help develop project plans. Complete work tasks to meet schedules
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Cloud based solutions, AWS and EMR, Lambda, Athena, RDMS and Kinesis
- Elastic ELK
- C/ C++
- Java 8
- JBoss DROOLS
- Spring MVS & Spring Batch
- Solr/ ElasticSearch
- Web Services
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to clearly explain design considerations, options, and trade-offs
- Typically has eight or more years of IT work experience in software development, installation, and modification (there is flexibility with this for the right experience).
- Proficient in object-oriented design and appropriate use design/architecture patterns
- Must be able to actively participate in system level design activities; providing solution approaches & alternatives, identifying risks, and appropriately challenging proposed designs and architectures
- Participate, or possibly lead, Proof of Concept activities. Help to clearly define objectives and desired outcomes.
- Proficient in the preparation of design artifacts and models; including, but not limited to use cases, user stories, UML diagrams, etc.
- Hands-on expert experience with Java - minimally, Java7; Java8 preferred.
- Professional experience working with Spring projects (Spring Framework, Spring Batch, etc.) and/or Apache projects
- Experience in programming with RDBMS and SQL. Understanding of MongoDB and triple-store databases is a plus
- Experience in working with XML and JSON
- Understanding and comfort level in working with multiple SDLC methodologies - iterative, Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Experience in developing for a Linux operating system (RHL preferred). Should also be familiar with java containers.
- Experience with developing services based on RESTful principles and SOAP
- Extensive experience with testing methodologies that cover unit, integration, and system testing. This should include experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, and occasionally as a team leader
- Develops solutions requiring analysis and research
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Quick learner who can master and manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and a flexible positive attitude
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Dan at 973-886-5575 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 6 months/RTH
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.