|Location: Orlando, Florida
||Date Posted: 5/31/2019
|Job Code: 2019-18116
Sales Representative - Pest Management
Summary Motivated self-starter who can work independently with a focus on results in achieving company business goals. Plan, organize, and sell the company's product line within assigned sales geography to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives while developing and enhancing client relationships within the Professional Pest Management market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively manage assigned internal and external accounts, developing and maintaining solid client relationships
- Grow Target Specialty Products' customer base by calling on new Pest Management Professionals within the territory. Make regular cold calls for appointments, make on site visits and develop relationships.
- Identify customer concerns and introduce them to Target Specialty Products' Business Solutions/Resources and Get Started Programs to solidify relationships and build value.
- Provide technical support, including product information and "in the field" diagnosis in response to client inquiries.
- Communicate company promotions, programs, and pricing within assigned geography.
- Collaborate with finance/credit department as needed to insure client account balances fall within company credit guidelines.
- Participate in sales/product training and company meetings as requested.
- Plan, schedule and present at regular training sessions at each of the branch locations within the territory. Assess PMP's need and schedule CEU classes accordingly.
- Work with key vendor manufacturer representatives in a manner to keep current on technical product updates and marketing programs.
- Understand, support and adhere to the company's sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment to all customers.
- Maintain accurate client contact information to support marketing related programs.
- Collaborate with Regional Manager to develop a personal professional development plan and complete as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds company values; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Contributes to profits and revenue.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports company's goals and values.
Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor degree in Business or Science relevant to Pest Management along with minimum of two years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have working knowledge of pest control products and their uses.
Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with an ability to listen to client needs so as to provide sound agronomic solutions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheet software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have valid driver's license; helpful but not mandatory to have a chauffer's license.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Western