This position is very hands-on and will assist in the administration and maintenance of company benefit plans and programs, compliance with laws and regulations, management of personnel records, functions as a liaison between vendors and the company and as a resource for employees regarding eligibility, coverage and other benefit matters; compiles and maintains benefit records and documents; and may perform other HR duties as assigned.
Benefit Administration - 70%
* Maintains accurate administration of various employee benefit programs, such as group health and welfare - medical, dental, vision, disability, life, flex spending, etc.
* Maintains accurate administration of company 401k plan including 401k Loans.
* Reviews billings and invoices for accuracy and ensures timely authorization and processing purchase requisitions.
* Oversees administration of COBRA and LOA through TPA.
* Assists with the coordination and implementation of all open enrollment activities and processes, as well as other benefit program meetings.
* Works with vendors to ensure all reporting requirements are met.
* Maintains metrics used to monitor plan participation, market analysis and benefit costs.
* Maintains benefit plan records and documents.
* Maintain employee benefit records, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
* Administration of Wellness Plan activities and update benefits website with monthly wellness material
HRIS Administration - 15%
* Ensures accurate and appropriate information is maintained in HRIS including LOA's, benefit enrollments, 401k and NQDC enrollments and integration files.
* Ensures that benefit interfaces are working properly and updating carriers correctly.
* Assists with New Hire benefits orientation
Coordination - 15%
* Assists with employee communication processes to enhance employee education of benefits and improve employee interaction with plans.
* Provides employee training to improve knowledge and awareness of plan benefits and access.
* Coordinates quarterly employee wellness lunch and learn seminars
* Administration of annual Health Fairs (biometric testing, immunization and other vendors)
* Coordinates with HR partners to ensure benefit compliance with employee leave programs.
* Provides support and assistance to HR partners regarding benefit questions and concerns from employees.
* Works with payroll to ensure timely and accurate benefit deductions.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
* 3-5 years of benefits administration experience
* Working knowledge of HR principles and practices specifically in benefit plans, policies and processes
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Working knowledge and ability to use HR and payroll systems, UltiPro helpful
* Strong attention to detail and well organized
* Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
* Effective communication skills, oral & written
* Knowledge of Company policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn
* Effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations
* Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly, monthly and annual deadlines
* Bilingual English and Spanish a plus (oral & written)
* Experience managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast pace environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency