Senior Business Systems Analyst - Pensions
Your future team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world's leading financial services firm. We're people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we're at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes. The Information Technology group provides enterprise-wide IT solutions for all of AIG's specialized disciplines. Technology provides strategic and procedural support in all of AIG's specialized disciplines, such as policy issuance, premium collection, claims handling, and administration. It enables AIG to deliver business strategies through efficient world-class IT and operations services, while ensuring the necessary IT risk management and security measures are in place.
As a member of AIG's Institutional Markets solution delivery team, the Senior Business Systems Analyst will serve as a liaison among business partners and project stakeholders to identify, articulate and facilitate changes needed to solve a business problem or address a business opportunity. This position is located in Woodland Hills, CA
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will use an understanding of the operations, policies, and structure of an organization to effectively elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems. The individual must understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and collaborate with team members to recommend solutions that will enable the business to achieve its goals.
- Research and resolve business partner inquiries regarding system functionality.
- Provide support to business partners for inquiries regarding system functionality.
- Provide support for ongoing system maintenance and enhancement requests. Assist in processing mapping as needed.
- Prepare requirements, plans and estimates for assigned projects. Plan, organize and facilitate requirements meetings/workshops/daily scrum meetings.
- Elicit the priority and ranking of requirements in working with the team and business partners. Validate and clarify business and technical requirements during testing.
- Assist project teams with implementation warranty support and project closure tasks as needed.
What we are looking for
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in either business related or technical field
- 6-9 years experience, preferably in the Institutional Markets Pensions Risk Transfer business, Insurance Sector, or financial services
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated learning agility and adaptability in obscure scenarios
- Excellent at building relationships with remote teams
- Experience in working in agile methodology
- Demonstrates analytical, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Performs other duties as assigned
What our IT Employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Opportunity to travel to other worldwide AIG locations
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.