Senior Director, Corporate Communications Job
|Employer Name: Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
|Location: Bedminster, New Jersey
||Date Posted: 5/14/2019
|Job Code: JR000009681
Mallinckrodt is a global specialty pharmaceutical business that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes specialty pharmaceutical products. Areas of focus include therapeutic drugs for autoimmune and rare disease specialty areas like neurology, rheumatology, nephrology, ophthalmology and pulmonology; immunotherapy and neonatal respiratory critical care therapies; and analgesics and central nervous system drugs. The company's core strengths include the acquisition and management of highly regulated raw materials; deep regulatory expertise; and specialized chemistry, formulation and manufacturing capabilities. The company's Specialty Brands segment includes branded medicines; its Specialty Generics segment includes specialty generic drugs, active pharmaceutical ingredients and external manufacturing.
To learn more about Mallinckrodt, visit www.mallinckrodt.com.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals (“the Company”) maintains a continuing policy of non-discrimination in employment. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based upon age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental and physical), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), political activities or affiliation, race, sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by law. Furthermore, it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities and protected veterans in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations on every location in which the company has facilities. This policy of non-discrimination shall include, but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and practices: recruiting, hiring; promotions; demotions or transfers; layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and recruitment or recruitment advertising.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals is required to report certain payments or transfers of value (such as expense reimbursement, meals, transportation) made to U.S.-licensed healthcare professionals in compliance with the federal Physician Payment Sunshine Act (i.e. Open Payments) and certain state laws.
Sr Director, Corporate Communications
The Senior Director, Corporate Communications, will head global corporate external communications, creating and executing a strategy designed to increase the visibility and awareness of Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, its products, services, employees and corporate citizenship initiatives to external audiences, including media, analysts, investors, credit rating agencies, community organizations, regulatory and government agencies, customers and patients. This key leadership role will guide the company’s consistent and coherent voice and strategic message externally and internally around the world in support of Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals’ mission, objective, core values, key strategic priorities and cultural hallmarks; and drive desired results. This role will also serve as the Communications partner for corporate functions within Mallinckrodt including Strategy/Business Development, Finance/Investor Relations, Legal/Government Affairs and Operations, sitting on a
number of executive leadership teams where appropriate as the Communications liaison. This role will be responsible for leading crisis/ issues management communications on behalf of the company both externally and internally.
This position will have responsibility to articulate the company’s goals, objectives and position on various topics and refine/employ the process and framework of aligned messaging to assure that consistent messages are conveyed to external audiences as well as internal, all in collaboration with other departmental leaders. This individual will ensure each client has the necessary support and consistent messages required to articulate company actions for their functions while guiding the complete range of internal and external communications needs for those colleagues.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President & Chief Communications Officer and will have direct and indirect reports in close collaboration with the Director, Portfolio Communications.
Investor Relations Communications Leadership
* Oversee, create and convey the company’s investor-focused messages, in collaboration with an Investor Relations working group, and develop related communication materials for use by Mallinckrodt’s President, Chief Financial Officer and Vice President, Investor Relations, in quarterly earnings reporting, annual financial guidance, external investor conference presentations and other financial/investor events/meetings.
* Work collaboratively within Investor Relations, Communications and Government Affairs to ensure integrated external communication plans.
Corporate Communications Leadership
* Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive external corporate communications strategic plan focused on increasing the positive awareness and visibility of Mallinckrodt and aligned to the company's strategic priorities.
* Ensure creation of "Best in Class” media materials and “evergreen” communication tools that maximize the company’s reach and ensures Mallinckrodt’s point of view is proactively communicated.
* Guide preparation of company response statements and other external communication tools to manage opportunities and issues including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions, litigation, shareholder activism and product-related issues.
* Guide adherence to a cross-functional external communications development and review process, including a continuous improvement environment that promotes feedback on external communication approaches and establishes metrics that track progress.
* Direct the ongoing management of a comprehensive, site-based crisis communications network, ensuring engagement of all appropriate stakeholders, with establishment and implementation of necessary processes.
* Lead and oversee development and maintenance of a highly impactful, informative and strategically aligned corporate digital presence through the company’s corporate website presence and various social media channels in which it participates at a corporate level; includes counseling internal stakeholders on the use of the company’s Global External Communications Policy.
* Own and protect Mallinckrodt’s corporate brand identity, ensuring appropriate implementation within acquired assets.
* Lead strategic development and execution of comprehensive, integrated external/internal acquisition and divestiture communications through all phases: diligence, transaction announcement, integration planning, close and integration
* Proactively collaborate with functional areas to guide integrated, consistent internal messaging about company changes, providing counsel and ensuring tone consistency.
* Work with Senior Management to identify key issues and communication objectives.
* Lead communication planning specific to product-related issues and crisis management.
General Communications Leadership
* Guide functional internal communication needs, working with assigned representatives of client Executive Committee members and functional leaders.
* Manage direct reports by providing consistent feedback and coaching throughout the performance management lifecycle. This includes performance reviews, merit and bonus planning, and discipline, if necessary.
* Maintain budget oversight and adherence related to specific responsibilities.
* Maintain ability to hold an independent perspective and respectfully offer differing opinions, when warranted.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Demonstrate a high Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
* Possess exceptional writing, editing, presentation and proofreading abilities
* Bring demonstrated track record of success development and implementation of impactful communication programs that drive engagement
* Demonstrate exceptional proactive internal client service and is able to exert influence on peers and superiors to drive projects to successful completion
* Has strong project management ability to organize complex cross functional projects and manage multiple different projects toward timely, successful, simultaneous completion
* Demonstrate high level of strategic focus and overall business knowledge and perspective
* Possess keen ability to understand complex, highly technical subjects and effectively communicate information in lay terms
* Other duties as assigned or required
Education / Experience / Skills: Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of managerial experience is preferred with at least 12-15 years’ experience required in a corporate communications or related role.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: Crisis management experience a plus
Other Skills: Excellent team player able to engage and positively influence others
* High Emotional Intelligence and ability to engage with C-suite executives or external partners, competitors, community leaders, media when needed
* Strong communications generalist skill set
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Experienced in professional utilization of social media platforms
* Ability to manage and lead direct reports
* Demonstrated ability to define and drive change management objectives
* Strong business partnering skills with other functional areas, i.e., Finance/IR, Operations, HR, Commercial teams
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Reporting to the Senior Vice President & Chief Communications Officer, this position will collaborate closely with key stakeholders across Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, including Executive Committee members and business/functional group leaders. This role has direct reports.
Normal office setting. Ability to travel both domestically and internationally required.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Web Site: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=6618b54981d90d1e4eed1d124353d19b
|Contact Name: Joseph Hammond
|State: New Jersey