Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Are you a Lifestyle Producer who's struck by creative ideas in the middle of the night and can't wait to share them? Do you work best in an energetic, entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment? Can you see yourself smiling, while wearing multiple hats throughout a workday? If your answer to these questions is yes, then we want to hear from you!
WJAR-TV / NBC 10 has an immediate opening for a Lifestyle Show Producer for a brand new show launching in September 2019! The ideal professional should have a successful track-record coordinating and executing lifestyle content for live TV broadcast, digital and social media (experience working on a sales-driven show preferred). This person needs to also interact well with people at all levels, keep up with what's trending, and be a master time-keeper. The candidate knows how to prep/structure a live TV show, organize/archive video for live-to-tape segments and create daily show promos - all of which must be interesting and on-brand to both WJAR's audience and to advertisers.
We want someone who's hungry to make their mark at a legacy TV station. We want someone who can't wait to come to work every day with a positive mindset, strong work ethic and a true passion to help build something very exciting from the ground up for the most watched TV station in Southern New England.
- Lead pre- and post-show meetings with Director to determine creative content, technical details and show flow, as well as assess each day's show
- Write copy for hosts
- Collaborate with the show's host, sales, marketing and others on content for packages and in-studio segments
- Depending on the project, manage some or all of the full cycle of production on your projects - development, writing/scripting, pre-pro, producing on set, overseeing post
- Supervise and be present in control room during live broadcast at 12:30pm and communicate with director and production personnel
- Develop, write and produce packages. Sometimes edit video for integration in the show
- Perform on-air responsibilities for the show and digital platforms as required
- Generate story ideas for segments; contribute story ideas for key show pieces
- Build relationships and develop connections for story leads. Develop and cultivate contacts within the community
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
- Strong writing and communication skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- A sense of creativity
- Multimedia content gathering experience
- The ability to adhere to and work under strict deadlines
- Proficient in iNews (or other programs)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories
- Understanding of social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!