Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WCTI/WYDO, in New Bern, NC, is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and motivated Digital Content Producer to join our news team! This person will work directly with our news team to ensure content is delivered to our audience on all platforms. The primary responsibilities include writing and gathering articles for our website and writing engaging posts on social media. We also need a person who can engage and listen to online fans. This position will also work closely with the Digital Media Manager, the Executive Producer, and the Assistant News Director.
- Writing, editing and publishing stories for the web and social media
- Confirming stories and double-checking content for accuracy, spelling and typos before posting
- Working closely with reporters for story development
- Helping run the Content Center by updating the daily planner
- Updating stories and breaking news to ensure the very latest content is on the web and social media pages
- Posting videos to our web page
- Creating and send push alerts for breaking news stories
- Monitoring user comments on station sites for inappropriate content
- A college degree and experience in a television news department preferred
- Knowledge of broadcast journalism
- Experience with web-content management systems
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions as well as strong editorial judgment
- Must have a strong knowledge of "why" selected content works on selected platforms
- Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
- Well informed of what's happening in local, national and international news each day
- Strong news writing skills and understanding of current events
- Must be available to work shifts that include weekends and holidays
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time. You must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment. You must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals daily. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!