VSC Executive Director/Administrator Job
|Employer Name: Elkin Assisted Living
|Location: Elkin, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 4/30/2019
|Number Of Openings: 1
Responsible for the overall administration of the community's operations including the development and management of services and accommodations; the hiring, training and supervision of qualified staff and evaluation of their performance; establishing a working relationship with regulatory agencies, family members and community advocates; quality assurance and maintain compliance with relevant laws and licensing rules.
1. Practice and promote the policies and procedures of Victorian Senior Care by ensuring basic rights to all people receiving services.
2. Attend meetings and in-services as directed for the purpose of continuing education regarding resident rights, resident choices and accreditation.
3. Carry out responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner to include financial operations, maintenance of the community, completion of assigned duties and follow up on areas which need improvement.
4. Plan, develop and implement programs to meet the community's overall goals and objectives utilizing established policies and procedures which address all regulatory, service and operation areas.
5. Develop staff performance guidelines in accordance with community policies, quality standards and regulatory requirements.
6. Conduct frequent inspections of community's service areas while observing staff performance and progress toward meeting general and specific goals.
7. Access the effectiveness of the community's current budgeting system based upon program plans and budget assessments to determine the financial needs of each area of operation for future expenditure planning.
8. Periodically assess staff needs to include qualifications, strengths, weaknesses and training completed or needed.
9. Develop position descriptions, work plans, performance and evaluation standards and progression of all work elements, and prepare performance and progress reviews for all staff files for future planning and decision making.
10. Will be responsible for rotating On-Call (May include some nights, weekends, and holidays)
11. Participate in the publication of brochures highlighting the communities' programs and services; conduct public-relations training for all staff to reinforce company standards in order to promote image building consistent with the community's commitment to quality services.
12. Assure all rights listed in The Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights are implemented and assure confidentiality regarding residents' information.
13. Conduct pre-admission interviews with prospective resident, his/her family members, responsible person, or appropriate professionals to determine placement compatibility.
14. Recruit, interview, select, train, evaluate and delegate responsibilities to all staff in order to provide coverage of the community on a continuous basis.
15. Assure staff successfully complete all trainings in order to apply the community's written accident, fire safety and emergency procedures.
16. Assure compliance with all OSHA standards, sanitation, safety and building codes.
17. Review and deal with staff and resident complaints and grievances, serve on Grievance and Suggestion Committee and perform other duties as required by circumstances.
18. Help maintain the self-respect, personal dignity and physical safety of each resident.
19. Work cooperatively with all other staff and relate favorably to residents and their families.
20. Be familiar with and able to apply all the home's accident, fire safety, OSHA and emergency procedures.
21. Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights and assist residents with exercising these rights.
22. Assure careful treatment of Adult Care Home equipment and utilization of supplies.
23. Participate in job-related continuing education as required by ED/Administrator.
Please log on to our website and apply: https://jobs-myvschome.icims.com
1. Must be a Certified Assisted Living Administrator with experience working in an Assisted Living Facility
2. Prefer a College Degree, but must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
3. Must be able to read, write, understand and follow directions.
4. Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel Registry or Health Care Program.
5. Must have clear SBI and DMV record and maintain them during period of employment.
6. Must have a two-step tuberculin skin test (first test prior to hire and second test within two weeks of first test).
7. Must carry out your responsibilities in a proactive manner.
8. Must be able to think outside the box and draw on the strengths of others in order to assist you, while remembering that ultimately you are responsible for insuring the overall financial and regulatory operations of the community.
9. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
10. Must possess good computer skills.
11. Must be able to Push, Pull, or Lift at Least 50-Pounds.
12. Must be able to relate positively to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other employees, and vendors.
13. Must have a valid NC Driver's License.
14. Must have had at least 8 years of driving experience, as this is a requirement of company's liability insurance carrier.
Start Date: 5/31/2019
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Overnight Travel: None
Our history begins in 1958 when Cap and Mabel Burrow began operating the county home in Randolph County. The Burrows moved into the county home with their children and the people living in the home quickly became part of the family as the Burrows and their children lived, played, shared meals and worked alongside the residents. Today we remain a family owned and operated agency, committed to serving people for over 50 years.
At Victorian Senior Care we believe in quality and comprehensive care, family involvement, community outreach and staff development. Superior care and compassionate staff are at the core of who we are and what we do.
Web Site: http://www.victorianseniorcare.com
|Contact Name: Human Resources
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Victorian Senior Care
|Street: P.O. Box 814
|State: North Carolina