Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WOAI-TV / KABB-TV seek an enterprising and aggressive Investigative Data Producer to join our team. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it powerful and memorable. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic storytelling skills are a must.
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in Texas to enterprise story ideas for our Texas markets.
- Identify and pitch investigative angles on big daily news stories
- Work closely with Investigative Executive Producer to refine pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Producers on "web extra" content for each investigation
- Other duties as assigned
- At least three (3) years of investigative producing experience preferred
- History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
- Must be a strong storyteller with the ability to make the complicated understandable
- Must be able to use all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
- Should be able to generate story ideas and determine the legitimacy of viewer tips
- Strong writer, storyteller
- Must be naturally inquisitive with an interest in holding government officials accountable
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to seek out new technology that can enhance our digital storytelling
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!