Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHAM-TV has an opening for a Sports Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) who will be laser-focused year-round on original reporting about the Buffalo Bills football team! This position requires the Sports MMJ to reside in the greater Buffalo area and work out of the Company's facility there. They will establish themselves as a Bills insider/expert by devoting the majority of their workday to cultivating contacts and generating enterprise content for WHAM's on-air and digital platforms.
The Sports MMJ will shoot and edit video and will report on camera live and recorded for television and digital. This includes newscasts, sports specials, Facebook Live events, live web streams and all the Company's current and developing content channels. The Sports MMJ will report directly to the Sports Director and is expected to communicate daily on current and future stories.
The Sports MMJ will also be called upon to cover non-Bills stories as needed. This will require working out of the television station in Rochester.
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
- Must be able to operate a LiveU backpack live unit to transmit live and recorded images back to Rochester.
- The ability to conduct effective interviews and gather information.
- Write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera-both live and recorded.
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to write stories for the station web sites in addition to posting to station social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Appear on WHAM's local and national media partners as needed as well as establish partnerships with other outlets that may assist in story development.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Two years' minimum experience preferred including prior news/sports reporting.
- A valid driver's license.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and strong organizational skills desired.
- The ability to work well with others is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the area is a plus.
- College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!