Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRCR-TV is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time Digital Media Manager/News Assignment Editor to help lead our newsroom into the digital first future! This position is a member of the newsroom management team and works closely with the news director and executive producer daily to oversee day to day news operations, as well as planning special coverage and special station events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Day to day editorial oversight of the station's digital, mobile and social platforms
- Gather, curate, and write engaging content for those platforms
- Train employees on best practices
- Work with newsroom journalists in all positions to meet deadlines to ensure a constant stream of updated, local content throughout the day
- Communicate daily deadlines and assigning tasks to news staff to meet daily deadlines
- Prepare story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Assist in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Generate and oversee accountability systems for quality control
- Strategic thinking about developing our online audiences by leveraging the talents of our staff
- Assist in sweeps planning and long term strategic planning
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a professional newsroom as a digital content producer or on the assignment desk
- A commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- The ability to communicate effectively including mastery of AP style as well as good grammar skills
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
- Flexibility with regards to schedule
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong people skills
A bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred, although equivalent experience will be considered. This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.