The Opportunity | Associate Buyer
Working as a member of the OEM Operations Purchasing Group, the successful candidate must be experienced in the procurement of MRO supplies, production hardware, and special process services in a MRP environment to support manufacturing needs in multiple facilities in multiple countries.
- Vendor development, sourcing, evaluation, and management including claims administration
- Preparation of RFI/RFP/RFQ proposals, purchase agreements, NDA's, SOW, LOI, and LTA's following Corporate guidelines
- Negotiation and evaluation of quotations/proposals
- Creation, maintenance, and expedition of purchase orders and agreements in Baan LN
- Management of projects as assigned
- Attendance of internal and external meetings
- Assistance with AP issues to insure timely matching and payment of supplier invoices
- Collaboration with other departments and CW manufacturing facilities
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years purchasing experience preferably in a high technology industry
- Experience buying parts and services that are called out on drawings and understanding the capabilities required to meet the requirements of what is being procured
- Ability to read drawings and interpret models
- Strong negotiation and cost analysis skills
- Experience working with parts and technical data that is ITAR classified
- Understanding of small business requirements
- Capable of utilizing Microsoft Office software at a high level of performance
- Fundamental understanding of ERP processes
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.