Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
The Senior Database Administrator Responsible for entire database lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, maintenance and test. Server administration and maintenance support. Work within an Agile software development team cycle to develop software backend services.
Work Scope (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Perform all processes required as they relate to the Database lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, maintenance and test
- Participate and support Jacobs process improvement efforts.
- Attend meetings and training as required
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) years' work experience.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team.
- Work closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Work with Agile Application Development team to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Support all areas of the enterprise, ensuring all databases run at optimal performance.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues.
- Ensure that industry-wide security standards are properly implemented.
- Develop and optimize complex T-SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Understand written business requirements and translate them into technical design.
- Design and develop SQL code, ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements.
Knowledge, skills & abilities preferred:Azure experience
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps experience
- Agile development cycle participation
- 10 years experience