Office Based Project Land Surveyor - Roseville CA Job
|Location: Roseville, California
||Date Posted: 3/4/2019
Our Roseville, CA office is actively seeking an Office Based Project Land Surveyor
Office Based Project Land Surveyor
Civil Land Development Land Surveying Consulting Firm
Opportunity: Office Based Project Land Surveyor
Office Location: Roseville, CA (20 miles northeast of Downtown Sacramento)
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and comprehensive benefits package
Progressive, high technology, service-oriented civil land development consulting services firm specializing in providing the real estate community comprehensive land planning, civil engineering, and land surveying services; actively seeks Office Based Project Land Surveyor to join our growing Roseville, CA office.
Our firm is a positive, fast moving, team-oriented company that provides recognition, respect, and a healthy compensation package for your skills as an Office Based Land Surveyor.
OFFICE BASED PROJECT LAND SURVEYOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ideal and successful Office Based Land Surveyor will be a decisive, positive, detail-oriented land survey professional, with good computer skills (AutoCAD or Civil 3D); who can work independently and communicate well with other land survey and civil engineering project team members.
- One should be proficient in all areas of land surveying, including boundary determination, topographic mapping, construction staking, & ALTA surveys. GPS experience is a plus.
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor, PLS; Land Surveyor-In-Training, LSIT is preferred but not required.
- Must have at least 3+ years of land surveying work experience within the U.S.
OFFICE BASED PROJECT LAND SURVEYOR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs land surveying assignments within company and industry standards using a computer as an aid to drafting and document deliverables
- Prepares accurate, complete, and value-added work products and perform complex land survey computations
- Ensures timely document delivery by completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule and understands how activity being performed relates to overall project status
- Perform construction staking calculations
- Analyze and review work of land survey crews
- Responsible for reducing field data to coordinate geometry
- Understands field codes and stringing (field to office data collection)
- Prepares cut sheets for land survey field crews
- Interpret civil design plans for construction staking calculations and coordinates with civil engineering staff to ensure proper interpretation
- Understand tolerances and accuracy as they relate to project needs
- Understands and maintains computer and hard copy filing system
- Analyzes title reports and legal descriptions
- Performs necessary map and deed research
- Assists in boundary analysis
- Prepare plats and legal descriptions
- Prepare record boundary and easement maps
- Prepare Tentative Maps, Parcel Maps, Final Maps, Record of Survey and ALTA Maps
- Works closely with Director of Land Surveying, Civil Project Managers, Civil Engineers and Civil Designers to obtain project information and ensure drawings are accurate and complete
- Works with civil engineering department to identify proposed easements
- Reviews all work for completeness and accuracy before submitting to supervisor for review
- Deals directly with map checker to resolve project mapping issues
- Utilizes company checklist to ensure quality and completeness
- Assists in setting up and maintaining Land Survey Standards
- Maintains the look and consistency of company drawings
- Maintains consistent layers and line types
- Maintains consistent file names and directories
- Identifies, recommends, and practices ways to be productive and efficient
- Provides accurate account of time spent on projects with descriptions for each time entry
- Plots maps and assemble sets for submittal
- Maintains neat and orderly work area, which will allow access to project information to other team members
- Performs hard-copy plan filing
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our staff combines the talents of a highly skilled and diversified team of professionals with wide-ranging experience in all aspects of the civil engineering and land surveying fields. Our diverse staff blend into a cohesive organization with wide-ranging abilities all aimed on meeting or exceeding the client’s civil engineering land development project goals. Our dedication and commitment to that purpose yields economic efficiency, accuracy and timely service.
COMPANY SERVICES: Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Site Development Design, Entitlement Coordination, Stormwater Management, Planning and Project Management, and Expert Witness Services
LAND SURVEY SERVICES INCLUDE: Design Surveys, Boundary Surveys, Final Parcel Maps, Final Subdivision Maps, Construction Staking, As-Built Surveys, Elevation Certificates for FEMA, Record of Survey Maps, American Land Title Association, ALTA / ACSM Surveys, Site Mapping, Site Photography, Aerial Mapping, Accident Surveys, Topographic Surveys, Photogrammetry, Digital Mapping, Condominium Plans, Site Plans, Plot Plans, Expert Witness, Record Drawings, Construction Administration, Monitoring Well Surveys, Cross-Sectional & Longitudinal Stream Files, Remote Sensing, and Hydrographic Survey
LAND SURVEY PROJECT TYPES: Commercial, Industrial, Institutional, and Residential including – Subdivisions, Apartments, Office Buildings, Restaurants, Hotels, Banks, Supermarkets, Medical Offices, Local Shopping Centers, Service Stations, Regional Shopping Centers, Fast Food, Churches, Schools, Hospitals, Fire Stations, Sports Facilities and more
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for further employment consideration. All candidates will receive entirely confidential employment consideration.
Industry Related Terms: land survey, land surveyor, land surveying, professional land surveyor, PLS, P.L.S., registered land surveyor, licensed land surveyor, AutoCAD, civil 3d, civil 3-d, land development , civil engineer civil engineering civil project manager civil project management land development registered engineer licensed engineer professional engineer PE EIT FE Sacramento CA Roseville Rocklin Antelope Carmichael Folsom Granite Bay Rocklin California Arden job jobs career careers hire hiring opening opportunity AutoCAD Civil 3D Civil 3-D LDD Land Desktop civil designer civil design civil engineering manager 916
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Education Required: Bachelors
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: Less Than 2 weeks / year
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time
|Contact Name: James Cameron
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: TJG Surveyor