The Opportunity | Quality Assurance Manager
Develops, Implements and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities. Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Participates in reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations. Assists product support in areas gathering and analyzing data. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the effective operation of the function.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides overall leadership for the quality management system, procedures, and methods to ensure its efficient operation and its compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Provides overall leadership for the quality department with direct supervision of employees
- Reviews and disseminates regulatory reference information that may affect the operation of the quality assurance unit of other areas.
- Reports the status of compliance with applicable regulations and standards that relate to studies, operations and facilities to management.
- Reviews quality assurance unit inspection reports to assess findings, responses and need for follow-up activities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for root cause methodologies and a leader in continuous improvement
- Serves as a key contact for inspections and provides input for responses to those inspections.
- Serves as an internal consultant for system validation projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office.
- ISO 9000 Quality Program Experience
- GD&T experience
- Ability to make compliance determinations
- Ability to understand statistical inference
- Good presentation skills.
- Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.