Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
The Communications Intern will support the Employee Communications Manager and Communications Specialist at Spectrum Brands headquarters, including local and global communications and the company intranet.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Company Intranet (SharePoint)
- Update site regularly.
- Identify additional content and organizational needs.
- Assist with yearly content audit.
- Create metric reports based on raw data.
- Assist with documentation and guidelines.
- Coordinate work with translation services.
- Assist with digital signage creation.
- Proofread various communications.
- Support other employee communications programs as needed.
Education and Experience Profile
- Recent graduate or currently working toward a degree in Communications, Marketing, English, PR, or similar field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively.
- Must be able to think and work independently.
- MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint skills.
- Basic SharePoint skills a must.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.