Principal Database Analyst
Maxwell AFB, AL
General Dynamics is seeking a Database Administrator for our Air Force customer at Maxwell AFB, AL. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
Principal Database Analyst
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Coordinates testing of designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Oracle DBA skills required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.