Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Writes or updates software specifications.
4. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
5. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
6. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
7. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
8. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
9. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
10. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
11. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
- Responsible for setup, software/hardware configuration, operation, troubleshooting and analysis of modeling and simulation software and operational computer systems.
- Serve as simulation technical controller for JSJ7 exercises using components of the Joint Live Virtual Construction (JLVC) Federation, and/or Joint Theater Level Simulation (JTLS) locally or distributed to remote locations.
- Coordinate with simulation developers to perform simulation/model software upgrades and system performance troubleshooting/analysis as required. Provides technical support to users. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user's needs.
- Develop internal technical operating processes and manage technical operations for some of the following simulations utilized at JSJ7 Suffolk including but not limited to: the Joint Theater Level Simulation (JTLS), Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation (JCATS), Air Warfare Simulation (AWSIM), Air Force Synthetic Environment for Reconnaissance and Surveillance/Multiple Unified Simulation Environment (AFSERS/MUSE), JCATS Low Overhead Driver (JLOD), Low Overhead Training System (LOTS), or other simulations/federations as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
- Possess a Final SECRET clearance (TS clearance eligible)
- ComTIA Security + (CE) certification
- Experience operating JTLS or JLVC simulations (JCATS, JLOD, MUSE/AFSERS, AWSIM, LOTS)
- Experience with REDHAT/LINUX operating system (Command line experience in addition to GUI experience preferred)
- Experience with simulation operations and management
- Intermediate level understanding of file management structures related to simulations
- Knowledge of military systems; equipment; and tactics; techniques; and procedures (TTP) is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to temporarily work 12 hours shifts running assigned simulations in support of Joint Exercises
- Able to effectively interact with customers
- Able to work in a collaborative troubleshooting environment
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office or Libre Office software suite including; Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and PowerPoint.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector.
Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.