Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WTTO is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant for our business operations hub in Birmingham, AL. The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the Regional Controller.
Main duties will include supervising a team of Staff Accountants and supporting the business departments of assigned markets and in the following areas:
- Task management - ensure all tasks assigned to the team of Staff Accountants are completed accurately and timely
- Train staff accountant team members on new tasks assigned to the team as well as cross train team members on current processes
- Month end close journal entries
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Annual budgets
- Monthly forecasts
- Monthly variance analysis
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- The ability to manage multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- The ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of SOX compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Oracle experience is preferred
- Television broadcast or media experience is preferred
- The ability to work within a team environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!