Events Coordinator and AV VTC Technician Job
|Location: Florham Park, New Jersey
||Date Posted: 1/29/2019
|Job Code: BBBH28886
- The Events Coordinator and A/V VTC Technician position aids on-site operations staff supporting audio/visual; video conferencing; events production; video record and webcasting within this leading chemical company.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide administration, coordination, scheduling, advanced-planning, and logistics of end user requests for audio/visual; video conferencing; events production; and webcasting.
- When workload demands, this position will also be expected to lend technical support to these same service offerings.
- This position reports directly to the Manager of G-FDI/BNE. Daily operations, projects, and tasks are driven by IT staff and management.
Authority and Decision-Making Capabilities:
- This position carries no direct authority for decision making. However, the candidate must work collaboratively with staff and take direction from IT management.
- Sound judgment is expected when triggering escalations.
- It is expected that the candidate will work well and dependably with minimal supervision.
Leadership & Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position will not carry direct leadership or supervisory responsibilities.
Internal & External Relationship Responsibilities:
- This position is onsite and works collaboratively with IT management.
- It requires a unique balance of providing guidance on A/V and VTC technologies while taking direction on daily scheduled activities for meeting supports and events; and taking direction on service offering design and capabilities.
- This position will act as the forward face for services to end users of all levels within the corporation.
- May require travel between customer sites in Morris County, NJ and Middlesex County, NJ.
- May require up to 10% U.S. domestic travel to sites located outside of New Jersey.
- First line of response for end users making inquiries about service offerings by answering phone calls and e-mails.
- Primary owner of the overall events schedule and A/V team support calendar with responsibility to see that the right equipment and technical support staff are at the right place at the right time.
- Responsible for maintaining daily services schedule for meeting spaces, equipment, and support personnel.
- Main point of contact for organizing and scheduling work required with both the Client and the Yorktel Service Desk for break/fix and installations.
- Participate in daily and weekly team meetings and drive the portion of these meetings that cover schedules for meeting supports, video conferences, and events.
- Ensure that technical support staff are aware of each days requirements.
- Prepare and ship road kits for events based outside of Company's Florham Park, NJ headquarters.
Perform site reviews as required to ensure proper implementation and operational support.
- Adhere to all Clients safety and security requirements for contractor personnel working onsite.
Be responsible for the integrity of allocated rooms
- o Perform regular room checks & preventative maintenance.
o Ensure that relevant help documentation is available
o Ensure there are no safety issues in the room - i.e. trailing cables, etc.
* Setup, testing, operation, and tear down of audio visual (AV) and videoconference equipment; (e.g. video data projection systems, computers, audio- and videoconference equipment, microphones, video cameras, audio systems, and operation of integrated AV systems) in compliance with the set of prescribed SOPs.
- Coordinate requirements for multi-point video conferences with MCU operations staff.
- Provide training geared towards end-user adoption for all services.
- Troubleshoot AV and videoconferencing related technology
- Maintain conference room integrity in compliance with SOPs.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance checks (e.g., either report or address troubles such as cable management issues, safety standards non-compliance, etc.).
- Escalate housekeeping and technical issues outside of AV and conferencing technology and applications to appropriate department.
- Maintain understanding of current and new technology
- Experience with the operations of video conference codecs manufactured by Polycom and Cisco.
- Experience with the operations of integrated control systems manufactured by Crestron and AMX.
- Experience with the operations of basic audio/visual equipment such as flat panel TVs; LCD projectors; DVD players; and Smart Boards.
- Experience of configuring PCs to project content.
- User-level knowledge of office systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- In-depth experience with event set-up and preparation including microphones, amplifies, audio mixers, cameras, tripods, video switchers, and webcast encoders.
- Basic IT and networking knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Smart Scheduler
- Ability to troubleshooting of AV Conferencing systems
- Ability to work with control systems such as AMX and Crestron
Working experience with major videoconferencing equipment such as:
- Codecs from Polycom, Cisco
- MCU and control systems from Accord (Cisco) etc.
- H.323 Endpoints, Gateways, MCUs, and Gatekeepers
Working Experience with major audio/visual components such as:
- Sound board operations
- Camera operations
Skills & Additional Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in multi-media technologies service industry.
- BA or BS preferred, but not required
- Infocomm Certified Technology Specialist and/or Polycom Certified Video Conferencing Engineer desired.
- Highly dedicated, organized, and motivated.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate multiple complex activities.
- High levels of professionalism and integrity.
- High levels of interpersonal skills geared towards communication (verbal and written) with all levels within the Company.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well within tight deadlines.
- Shared commitment to see multi-media services offerings adopted and grow within SF.
- May require occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- All other duties as assigned
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Rushi at 858-703-6733 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired by Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client's needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.