"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
***We are offering a 25K Sign on bonus for this position***
Jacobs is currently seeking a Logical Implementation Engineer to join their team at their customer site in the Reston, VA area.
The Logical Implementation Team Engineer works within various organizations ensuring network systems and components are successfully integrated. The job function requires detailed understanding and prior hands-on experience of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols. Receipt of project tasking, review of approved engineering design, validation of router/switch/firewall including complex scripts, network implementation, testing and troubleshooting, and updating leadership team. The candidate must have experience in all facets of network installations, which includes the physical placement of conduit, CAT5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required. Also includes but not limited to: surveys, installing other conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly Required
- Education and Experience: BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience
- Experience in cable installation and cable types (Copper, Fiber)
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices).
- Familiarity of Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs.
- Knowledgeable of Type 1 (Government) and Type 2 (Commercial) Encrypted Cryptographic devices.
- Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred.
- Must be able to support after hour implementations
- CCNA Certification desired, not required