The Opportunity | Contracts Manager
Reporting to the Manager, Contracts this position requires a qualified professional and creative, solutions oriented thinker in the areas of Contracts within an aerospace & military business environment. Resourceful and innovative in problem solving, the incumbent will provide strategic direction on contractual options and approaches to a variety of business decisions. He or She will manage the balance of contractual requirements with corporate business objectives. This position will provide direct Contracts support to the General Manager of Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions' Integrated Systems (IS) business unit.
- Ensures that company's interests are served and protected through compliance with all company policies, applicable laws, regulatory and customer requirements while balancing corporate business objectives.
- Leads complex negotiations. Understands the business case and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications
- Advise program and senior management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions and contractual options for solutions
- Regularly interacts and provides business and contractual advice, options and solutions, with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Participates in identifying, managing and resolving scope change.
- Provides contractual inputs to bids and proposals, and reviews major proposals.
- Provides strong support to program management in the execution phase of the contract
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 7-10 years' of related work experience in a Contracts role, preferably within the Aerospace/Military Environment or technology design and manufacturing field
- Thorough knowledge of all appropriate ethical standards regarding contracting actions
- Knowledge of FAR & DFAR provisions as well as government and commercial contracting practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a proven track record in international contracting and negotiation of complex contracts structured to meet corporate objectives
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage strategic, operational and tactical responsibilities in a "roll up the sleeves" hands-on culture focused on delivering results
- Customer-focused (internal and external) and results driven
- A credible presence and strong ability to communicate with senior leaders
- Experience interacting and communicating effectively with members of a complex organization at multiple levels
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.