The Opportunity | Principal Software Developer
Using engineering expertise, plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. Performs as a technical expert in the design development, coding, testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand and develop resolution of software problems. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. Participates in the development of software user manuals. Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on less complex projects.
- Design development, code, test and debug of new software or complex enhancements to existing software for embedded applications
- Worked with technical staff to understand and develop resolutions for software problems
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements
- Optimize developed code to maximize performance of system
- Create or enhance built-in-test (BIT) capability
- Assists in the development of software user manuals
- May interface with hardware development teams
- A bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- 7-10 years' relevant experience
- Proficiency in the following aspects of Linux software is required: character device drivers, user-space applications, socket programming, building and installing open-source applications, and building and testing the kernel
- Experience with the use of debugging tools
- Experience with VxWorks
- Proficiency with lab debugging equipment (Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, JTAG emulators)
- Proficiency in block device drivers and network drivers, is desirable
- Experience with GUI development using Python/PyQT for test application is desirable
- Proficiency in Wind River Linux/Fedora/Red Hat build environment and Wind River Linux build environment is desirable
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.