|Location: Miami, Florida
||Date Posted: 1/2/2019
|Job Code: R100028801
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with Epic and Vendor resources and the UHealth organization as well as user community to ensure the application meets the organization's needs.
* Works with other clinical teams being to determine ways in which those applications can support the Pharmacy work-flows.
* Review and understand system options in the Clinical Applications and Epic Beacon and Willow application specifications and make recommendations on usage.
* Perform in -depth analysis of work flows, data collections, report details, and other technical issues associated with the Clinical Applications and Epic Software.
* Define and develop user requirements.
* Participate in application testing, simulations, and go-live activities, including production support of new projects or production enhancements.
* Prioritize and implement requested changes to the system.
* Analyze new functionality in new releases to determine how it should be used.
* Participate in on-site support after system implementation, application enhancements or system upgrades.
* Review operational policies and procedures to assess the need for user training for technology-enabled work flows.
* Develop system work flows to integrate system functionality with operational procedures.
* Participate in business and clinical operations meetings to assess user feedback, gather future requirements for modifications and provide a status to the group on competency, adoptions and utilization rates.
* Collaborate with Business and Clinical System Analysts to ensure knowledge transfer of the technology-enabled user workflows and best practice use of the application.
* Monitor assigned Incident Reports and make referrals, direct issues appropriately, and resolve as applicable in a timely manner. Coordinate with application analysts to resolve issue tickets and communicates resolution to end users.
* Ability to independently investigate and learn application and documentation software with minimal support.
* Capable of independent decision making to meet the needs of the position, yet willing and able to collaborate with other team members.
* Manage customer expectations and needs.
* Assists in the development and review of protocol order sets prior to input in the database for utilization.
* Populate databases for the Clinical Applications, including Epic Beacon and Willow pharmacy applications as necessary during the initial system build with assistance from the Vendor implementation team.
* Strict adherence to change control process, assessing issues and developing resolutions.
* Work with hospital billing application team to ascertain that appropriate charges are being calculated and dropping.
* Assist in the training of users.
* Perform problem resolution and user support.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions
associated with a job. Management reserves the right to reserve duties as needed.
* Provides consultation and in-service programs and attends interdisciplinary rounds as needed and serves as Clinical IT liaison between business owners.
* Participate in the development, review and approval of all necessary Pharmacy process flows.
* Analyze current distribution workflows and configure the system to support those workflows.
* Act as a Liaison to Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee to translate Policy decisions into Technology Applications.
* Manage Vendor relationships.
* Work in conjunction with report writers to ensure that Clinical Applications has the necessary reports.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Assist with coordination of software updates and changes
* Assist with review and testing of each new release
* Assist with creation and maintenance of system audit trail test scripts
* Report application and system testing results
* Maintain build tracker for system changes
* Review and prioritize requested enhancements
* Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
* Prepare details of specifications as needed
* Analyze data conversion needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: (KSA)
* Technical understanding of how pharmacy application build decisions affect Pharmacy workflows.
* Able to work independently while providing concise status reports with escalation as needed.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills to enable interaction with clinical staff, departmental staff, clinical administrators, technical administrators, and the Implementation team.
* Detail oriented with an ability to obtain and understand the needs of the UHealth Organization and user community.
* Effectively direct meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists, and manage timelines and milestones.
* Able to maintain close vigilance to application specific and integrated decisions, as well as project level considerations and decisions.
* Ability to work well in a team environment.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Competent in evidenced-based medicine and literature evaluation.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications.
* Effectively manages conflicting views and opinions.
* Ability to absorb and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information.
* Always maintains a positive, professional attitude, even in difficult or stressful situations.
* Flexibility with work schedule. Required to work earlier in the morning, nights and weekends as needed to accommodate end user and implementation needs.
* Doctoral Degree of Pharmacy (PhD) required
* Florida Pharmacy License required
* Will be required to obtain relevant Epic certification
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* A minimum of five years total professional and relevant experience required. A minimum of 2 years hospital pharmacy experience.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: University of Miami Health System
|Company: University of Miami Health System