Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KOMO/KUNS has an immediate opening for a creative Newscast Producer. The ideal candidate will show examples of delivering an informative, fast-paced newscast highlighting elements that are new, now, and next. You must be able to respond quickly to breaking news, giving viewers consistently accurate and updated information. Solid news judgment, the ability to craft compelling and accurate stories, and having the ability to manage your workload in a deadline-driven environment are all necessary.
- Produce newscasts
- Work in concert with anchors, writers, reporters, photographers, editors, and assignment desk personnel
- Plan guest segments and coverage elements
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A four-year degree in journalism or communications is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Strong writing skills
- A proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
- The ability to carry out strategic initiatives and direction for the look and feel of a newscast
This role will be required to work nights and weekends.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace!