Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRCR-TV has an immediate opening for a creative Newscast Producer. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our nightside newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the newscast and its content. As the News Producer, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site. You may also write newscast promotions, as well as other duties from time to time.
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- The ability to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
- Must have at least some previous news producing experience, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
- A journalism degree is preferred
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of a recent newscast to:
KRCR-TVAttn: Executive News Director755 Auditorium DriveRedding, CA 96001
Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!