Firmware Engineer - Digital Signal Processing
Colorado Springs, CO
Our client is well known and highly respected in the Defense and Space community. We are in search of a DSP Developer to join our elite force in the DoD space in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO.
Our client is a leading supplier of GSP systems (RF, DSP, and digital domains) for space satellite operations, as well as non-space applications. Our operations include factory test, launch, business operations, and assured mission capabilities.
* Develop, integrate, and test real time firmware applications to support various satellite modem products.
* Design and develop firmware/software in support of new modem product development and custom deliveries.
* Work directly with customers and our team of engineers to perform requirements analysis/design trade-offs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
* Work with program management to scope and estimate new efforts as needed.
* Use VHDL to implement real-time communications processing for modem products.
Requirements and Skills:
* 0-5 years of related Digital Signal Processing (DSP) experience
* Strong VHDL experience targeting Altera or Xilinx devices
* Ability to work with a team
* Knowledge of RF communications, and/or Software Defined Radios is a plus
* Experience with common engineering test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers, preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.