Associate Database Analyst
General Dynamics is seeking an individual that will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
Job functions include:
1. Participate in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Preferably, IBM training in either Rational DOORS or DOORS NEXT GEN
- Familiarity with the application sufficient to:
Create internal user accounts and records (these are not typically mapped to AD accounts)
Create internal user groups
Create the internal organizational structure within the DOORS application. Like laying out top level projects, folders, etc.
Manage permission levels for different users and groups at various levels with the applications internal organizational structure.
Handle the occasional special request from users; which most typically involve exporting/importing projects to or from various other sources.
Prefer familiarity with Windchill.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
0-2 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.