"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking an IT Manager to join their corporate team in their Reston, VA office.
This individual will successfully manage, support and maintain a stable IT infrastructure ecosystem from telecommunications, back-end databases & servers, applications and end-user support. Ensuring the stable operation of systems, seamless flow of information and proper functioning of end-points throughout the organizations operations. Managing the IT Support team across corporate campuses. Maintaining planning, standards and documentation in conjunction with the NSS IT Director.
* Manage, develop and cultivate corporate IT staff, providing leadership and prescriptive solutions to IT needs supporting the corporate infrastructure and support staff.
* Coordinate daily IT activities and projects with minimal impact within company standards.
* Manage corporate IT infrastructure in under the direction of the IT Director and the executive leadership team.
* Maintain standards and documentation concerning IT support and use policies, security and best use practices.
* Manage implementation of hardware and software activities; new, upgrade, patching and migration of network utilities, servers, systems and applications.
* Monitor and schedule maintenance and backups of server infrastructure, virtual and bare-metal.
* Maintain usage audits of data circuits, VOIP services, support contacts and other contract service providers and report to IT Director in regularly scheduled reviews.
* Liason, manage and coordinate with vendors and service provides on behalf of Jacobs NSS IT for all corporate campus facilities.
* Actively manage and monitor network gear, utilities and firewalls.
* Managing and supporting a Windows AD domain environment.
* Managing and supporting Business Application that support HR, Finance and payroll activities.
* Responsible for managing and planning for customer surge support for contact coverage.
* Provide trained tier 1, 2 and 3 IT support personnel, ensuring cross-training and support redundancy.
* Report to IT Director and Executive Leadership Team on projects and IT related issue resolution and developments.
Candidate must have an Active TS SCI Clearance to be considered.
Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certification. Demonstrated competence in project management and technical competence in discipline field(s) and knowledge of company policies and practices.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience in managing a full-service IT support teams in a Windows AD environment.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with systems infrastructure support for servers, bare-metal and virtualized, network gear, and security appliances/firewalls
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience in systems maintenance, tuning, backup and recovery modelling and planning.
* Ability to be stationed at a main office with the ability to travel to sites within the D.C., Maryland and Virginia area
* Experience working within an IT support team and ability to contribute and collaborate in daily support activity
* Willingness to occasionally travel to multiple campuses within the Northern VA, MD and DC Metro area.
* Industry certifications that support IT Management like: CCNA, MCSE, CISSP, CompTIA A+, Network +
* Active TS SCI clearance