About Martin Brower
Martin Brower is dedicated to being the leading Supply Chain Solutions provider for restaurant chains around the world, creating an outstanding work environment for our employees and delivering unmatched value for our customers while protecting their brands. Martin Brower is part of the Reyes Holdings family of businesses which is one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S.
Martin Brower has been in business for over 60 years and has grown to a multi-billion dollar company. We are a world class team of 9,000 employees located in 19 countries.
Our values drive our culture of People First, which is focused on the safety and wellness of our people and we work diligently every day to support this core value.
We set the highest standards of honesty and integrity and pride ourselves in being a true partner with our customers, suppliers and our communities protecting their brands every step of the way.
Our company could not exist without strong communities. We do our part in making them stronger and believe it is important to provide opportunities for those looking to challenge themselves and serve as ambassadors in their communities.
Imagine a workplace where strong leaders empower a culture where employees strive to deliver unmatched performance, innovation, and engagement.
Position Summary: The Category Manager is a member of Martin Brower's Category Management team primarily responsible for supporting the needs of the Category Director located at our corporate headquarters in Rosemont, IL.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Develop, track, and execute sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Analyzes specific product lines, product assortment, sourcing options, profitability and market trends to identify the cost savings and profitability
- Manage Supplier relationships and resolve any supply issues for product procured from global and domestic locations.
- Assist Category Management Team with key vendor activities and functions. Conduct business reviews with Martin Brower's vendors for various categories and operating divisions.
- Negotiate supply agreements to secure the highest quality goods and the right value based on market changes, supply chain movement, and various product offerings.
- Develops and communicate changes and updates to the of the Supplier Agreement to different entities involved with the Category Management
- Responsible to secure new items to be sold to customers at the direction of the Category Management leadership
- Prepare Category sourcing profiles that includes spend, pricing, locations and supplier mix to help identify the cost saving opportunities. Lead and/or support multiple cost reduction projects
- Develops business cases; for major cost reduction projects by taking inputs from pricing, logistics and customer teams
- Verify the Sales price across products to the customers by validating the supplier and distribution costs and various margins and savings
- Create, analyze and publish commodity report and tracks market changes to mitigate supply and price risks.
- Serve as a primary point of contact between corporate Category Director Team in Rosemont, IL and Martin Brower's satellite locations.
- Coordinate new product testing with the Distribution Centers, Suppliers and Client locations and manage transition to the new products
- Develops communication around changes to the products and line of supply changes and communicate to various internal and external entities
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suits such as Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc
- Experience using JDE or any other ERP system and Reporting tools like Cognos
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.