The Senior Regional Property Manager is responsible for managing the maintenance, security standards and project activities for assigned DDR centers. This position assists the Director of Property Management with the daily operational issues of the region, provides analytical support and assists in the establishment and implementation of regional goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Oversees and manages the day to day operations of properties including all phases of maintenance for buildings, grounds, and where applicable, on-site equipment through the direct supervision of maintenance supervisors and outside contractors to ensure properties are properly maintained in accordance with company standards and maintenance agreements
2. Identifies property maintenance requirements, solicits and reviews bids from contractors and negotiates maintenance contracts
3. When applicable, directs staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring and appraising job results. Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
4. Develops and maintains common area maintenance (CAM) budget for assigned properties and operates within budget constraints. Reviews and approves CAM expense invoices for payment and obtains required approvals for larger expenditures. Prepares and monitors variance reports to identify reimbursable charges, and recommends budget revisions
5. Responds to tenant complaints and issues, and serves as the liaison to tenants and corporate office regarding the administration of common area maintenance and the enforcement of landlord rules and regulations
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
7. Contributes to the achievement of established goals by coordinating with other departments, including tenant coordination, specialty leasing and leasing
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Associate's degree in business or related field with nine plus years of property management experience including four plus years of managing regional property operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1. Knowledge of construction, maintenance and leasing.
2. Developed understanding of corporate standards for shopping centers with an ability to achieve those standards.
3. Demonstrated leadership and management ability.
4. Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills. Strong supervisory skills.
5. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
6. Ability to interact with tenants, vendors and other employees. Ability to relay technical concerns with adequate detail, quickly and accurately.
7. Ability to develop and manage budgets.
8. High degree of initiative and independent judgement.
9. Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
10. Computer skills; spreadsheet and word processing software capabilities.
11. Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
12. Able to write reports, business correspondence.
13. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
14. Ability to develop project specifications.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Property Manager (CPM)
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents operating standard business office equipment. Ability to work at construction sites, ability to climb and maneuver on building roofs, uneven terrain.
Work performed in a general office environment. May require extended hours during peak periods. Availability for travel up to 50%-70% of the time to property and construction sites for on-site project monitoring and meeting attendance. Exposure to adverse weather conditions, loud noise, and dust conditions at construction sites.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of DDR. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.