|Employer Name: Geisinger Holy Spirit
|Location: Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 8/7/2018
||Category: Nurses/Nurses Aids
|Job Code: Please search our Careers Site with JOB ID# 37657
|Number Of Openings: 1
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direct patient care before, during and after procedure.
2. Assists physician with adult catheterization procedures, percutaneous transluminal
coronary interventions (PTCI), myocardial biopsy, temporary pacemaker insertion,
pericardiocentesis, swan-ganz insertion, intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) insertion, peripheral vascular
angiography/intervention and other associated procedures.
3. Records, monitors and assesses hemodynamic data collected during catheterizations.
4. Completes all patient records accurately and in a timely fashion.
5. Establishes and maintains rapport with patients throughout procedure.
6. Continuously monitors patient's physiologic and psychological status throughout procedure (i.e. vital signs, cardiac rhythm, pain/discomfort, anxiety, etc.) and responds appropriately.
7. Initiates and maintains IV access.
8. Administers all ordered medications, intravenous drips and emergency medications
before, during and after procedure. Is trained and competent in administering conscious
9. Operates specialized equipment used in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (CCL) in
a safe and efficient manner.
10. Responds appropriately to all emergency situations within the Cardiac Catheterization
11. Initiates life support techniques in the event of a cardiac/respiratory arrest
including CPR, drug administration, defibrillation, temporary pacemaker insertion,
intra-aortic balloon pump insertion and airway management.
12. Assesses patient for complications related to medications or procedures and responds
13. Discontinues arterial and/or venous access safely through use of manual compression or available compression devices.
14. Gives/receives phone/verbal report on all patients.
15. Transports patients as necessary.
16. Restocks and prepares catheterization laboratory between procedures.
17. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
18. Accepts on-call responsibilities as assigned.
1. Assists in maintenance of a safe and efficient department.
2. Performs quality assurance tasks within the department.
3. Maintains and troubleshoots equipment within the department.
4. Collects data and enters information into databases as needed.
5. Participates in formal and informal continuing education activities to maintain and
enhance clinical skills in catheterization procedures and technology.
6. Attends all hospital required inservices.
7. Attends staff meetings as required.
8. Assures the proper level of supplies is available in the unit at all times.
9. Assists with the orientation and training of new personnel.
10. Promotes communication, teamwork and positive interpersonal relationships.
11. Utilizes proper reporting channels.
*Denotes essential job duties
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrates ability to work within a team environment.
Demonstrates ability to prioritize workload and handle emergency situations during routine and high risks procedures.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care.
Demonstrates accurate intra procedure patient assessment skills.
Demonstrates excellent communication skills, to include patient/family education.
Demonstrates ability to take call, as required, and respond within appropriate time.
Demonstrates ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality in word and action.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Registered Nurse licensed to practice in the state of Pennsylvania required.
Minimum one year experience in acute care nursing required, critical care experience preferred.
BCLS/ACLS Certification (and maintenance of certification) required.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Relocation Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement
GEISINGER HOLY SPIRIT is a strong and growing healthcare provider serving south-central Pennsylvania. Geisinger Holy Spirit includes its flagship Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital, a 311-bed Joint Commission accredited acute care facility located in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. Geisinger Holy Spirit employs more than 2,600 people and has more than 500 physicians and advanced practitioners on its hospital medical staff. Sponsored by the Sisters of Christian Charity, Geisinger Holy Spirit delivers patient-centered care guided by Catholic values and the Ethical and Religious Directives of Healthcare. Geisinger Holy Spirit provides a comprehensive array of both inpatient and outpatient services across the continuum of care, including acute care, home health, emergency medical services, physician practices, and a host of outpatient facilities located throughout south-central Pennsylvania.
Web Site: https://www.geisinger.org/about-geisinger/careers
|Contact Name: Brandi Geyer
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Geisinger Holy Spirit
|Street: 503 N. 21 St.
|City: Camp Hill