Systems Engineer (Associate)
Contract: Worldwide Systems Field Software Support
System: DCGS-A Mobile
Location: Fort Riley, KS
- Provide technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
- Provides expertise for resolving technical problems.
- Modifies products, programs and systems to customer requirements.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Provides end-user training.
- Performs various tests and documents results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
DCGS-A Mobile Field Engineer Requirements / Skill Sets
Demonstrates knowledge of Military Intelligence systems installation, configuration, deployment, functionality, and testing; able to provide written and updated technical system documentation, procedures and training materials.
Provides guidance in the analysis of user needs to determine procedural requirements with the customization, maintenance, and installation of ESXi/VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Linux operating systems, software patching, and upgrading.
Verifies appropriate LDAP configuration & procedures to maintain operator accounts and resolve any operator account related issues.
Provides guidance on system testing and the implementation of backup and disaster recovery procedures of Linux and Windows operating systems.
Monitors the installation, maintenance, and configuration of DNS Servers & the host configuration.
Ensures requirements such as daily performance checks on DCGS-A applications, tools, and logs for serviceability are conducted.
Monitors the configuration and efficiency of Safemove data replication.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of client & server software interaction including web-based application design, support, and integration.
Understands Information Assurance (IA) methodology principles and assists IA staff with all documentation required for accreditation, etc.
Maintains compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.
Be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Military Experience is desired. Completion of U.S. Military Service NCO or Senior NCO Academy Course or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable.
Minimum of 0-2 years of practical experience on Military Intelligence (MI) systems.
Four additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Minimum Computing Environment (CE) Certification:
- DCGS or industry accepted certification required within six months of hire
- Preferred CE:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), or
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.