|Employer Name: Symmetry Homes
|Location: Flagstaff, Arizona
||Date Posted: 7/20/2018
|Wage: based on experience
|Number Of Openings: 1
•Manages construction costs through effective bidding and negotiating of project specifications
•Provides construction budgets on a monthly/timely basis
•Work collaboratively with other departments, including land development, construction, finance and design, to ensure all internal goals and deadlines are met
•Communicate product changes to Sales, Construction and subcontractors
•Research and resolve Vendor disputes; including product or pricing issues, invoice and contract discrepancies and coordinate pricing adjustment when necessary.
•Completes accurate and timely estimates for new projects and provides updates as needed
•Completes all project buyouts prior to releasing starts to the field
•Develops standard features and specifications for all projects
•Engages in review and redlining of all new plans prior to bidding
•Creates bid packages for all projects
•Negotiates and resolves requests for contract changes
•Negotiates base and option costs prior to sales pricing being set with final pricing
•Conducts bid analysis and presents analysis to management team prior to awarding contracts
•Oversees the finalization of plan revision pricing
•Negotiates and generates contracts and change order requests
•Manages cost adjustments for all plan changes and options
•Ensures accuracy of scope of work
•Works closings with the Design Coordinator on custom option pricing requests
•Manages and trains staff on construction software program
•Reviews Customer Surveys and manages warranty work and satisfaction based on subcontractors’ work.
•Pioneers new products and processes for consideration and implementation
•Develops and creates best practices between the construction team, sub-contractors, and sales team
•Establishes and maintains relationships with trade contractors and suppliers
•Interacts with all other team members to advance processes and projects to ensure work is being completed in a timely manner
•Other duties as assigned
Technical Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge Requirements:
•Ability to develop and improve trade partner relationships.
• Ability to thrive in a continuous improvement environment.
• Strong estimating, takeoff and budgeting skills required.
• Strong construction knowledge (technical activities and processes) required.
• Ability to read building plans/blueprints with high degree of understanding; proven ability to recognize and resolve plan implementation conflicts.
• Superior negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to effectively produce schedule updates, maintain assigned work flow and utilize effective process management to meet/exceed business plan requirements.
• Effective delegation and information sharing to/with department administrators and/or peers and trade.
• Highly analytical, in terms of quantitative (mathematical) and qualitative (trade quality assessment).
• Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and with excellent attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Demonstrated supply management and expense tracking skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and investors
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision making capability
• Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be independently effective
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Innovative thinker, who actively seeks opportunities to improve performance and proposes solutions
Experience/Education: (preferred but not required)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 years previous purchasing or supply chain experience and/or 5 years of residential development field operations, with strong scheduling experience required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) - advanced and proficient knowledge of Excel.
• Familiarity with homebuilding software a plus.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 3
Education Required: Bachelors
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: Negotiable / Other
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance
Symmetry is a new kind of lifestyle company that seeks to inspire the human spirit. Driven by a desire to create innovative residential communities that promote meaningful balance in life, we take inspiration from the experiences that uplift and nourish. Our values are drawn from the sights and sounds of nature, the support and friendship of neighbors, and precious memories forged with loved ones. We appreciate the importance of taking time to escape and relax. To replenish and renew the mind, body and spirit. To celebrate life.
Web Site: http://www.pinecanyon.net/employment/
|Contact Name: Angela Watkins
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Symmetry Homes
|Street: 1201 E. John Wesley Powell Blvd