Titan Security Group is currently recruiting for a Full Time Residential Security Officer to work at a residential property located in Uptown - area of Chicago.
Titan Security Group is one of the largest privately-held security services providers in the Chicagoland area and we are growing! Join a leading company in one of the fastest growing industries today! Residential Security Officer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Train and qualify to work assigned post. Understands the specific and general post instructions for that assigned post. Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Maintain access control procedures set by building management.
- Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed.
- Identify all tenants and/or visitors upon arrival.
- Ensure visitors and vendors are properly signed in prior to accessing the building.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft of tenant or building property.
- Monitor security cameras that are within the facility.
- Respond to incidents including property emergencies.
- Conduct general patrols of the entire property during various hours, if required, including numerous flights of stairs and patrols of the exterior in any weather conditions.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Assist tenants and visitors with directions and general business information.
- Clearly and accurately record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of equipment, to building and Titan management.
- Maintain clear, accurate logs pertaining to people or property including packages.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to all parties encountered while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 year prior satisfactory employment as a door staff professional or in a customer service position.
Must be at least 20 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Illinois PERC, including state accredited training requirements.
Language Skills: Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Bi-lingual considered a plus.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
Other Qualifications: Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Must maintain a working telephone number though which we can contact you.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A list of these job duties is inclusive of, but not limited to: candidates must be able to stand for extended periods of time; be able to lift, push, and/or pull at least 50 lbs.; be able to accommodate foot patrols on the interior & exterior of the assigned facility; be able to perform assigned duties regardless of inclement weather.
Salary & Benefits: Compensation is between $14.50 and $15.50 per hour based on experience, plus paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, paid holidays, and pension/retirement benefits. Skills-enhancing training and opportunities for career growth and promotion.