Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton , is currently in search of a Med/surg RN to help meet the needs of our patients. Our 55 bed Medical unit is a cohesive team environment that improves the quality of care for patients who face general medical diagnosis such as pneumonia, copd, diabetes etc.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 4 years in a Row
- 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
- Ranked #1 on the Fortune's 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
- 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
- 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
- 2016 Becker's Healthcare's "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
- Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation's 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
- Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
- Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
- Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
- Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
- Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
- On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
- Company Volunteer days
- Nursing Career Ladder and much more
- Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs. BSN preferred.
- RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
- One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
- Current AHA BLS upon hire.
- CPI within 60 days of hire.
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of computer documentation; good keyboard skills; working knowledge of the care and management of the patient in the setting
- BSN preferred
- CMSRN preferred
- 2+ years experience as an RN in acute care setting preferred
Must be highly motivated and committed to a quality of care that emphasizes the patient first.
Qualified candidate will have excellent customer service and teamwork skills as well as clinical competence.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women's services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class
Medical Surgical Nurse Nursing Azle Orthopedic “RN”, “Registered Nurse”, M/S, “Medical Surgical”, “Medical and Surgical” Nursing, “Medical Surgical Nurse”, “Medical Unit”, “Short Stay”, “Rehab”, “Post Surgical” “Sigma Theta Tau”, “BSN”, “Associate Nurse” “Diploma Nurse” “BSN” “Bachelor's Degree in Nursing” “**Nur” “, “nurse clinician”, “clinical nurse”, “ Neuro Telemetry”, “M/Stele”
“Telemetry”, “Cardiac Telemetry”, “Tele” “Surgical Telemetry”, “Trauma Nurse”, “Med Surg”, M/S, “Med/Surg”, “Onc, “Oncology clinic”, “cancer center”, “Short Stay” “Neuro RN” “Ortho RN” “AMSN”, “MedSurg” “Baylor” “HCA”