Neuro Progressive Care Registered Nurse / PCU RN Job
|Employer Name: Texas Health Resources
|Location: Dallas, Texas
||Date Posted: 6/15/2018
||Category: Nurses/Nurses Aids
|Job Code: 102954416
The new Hamon Tower at Texas Health Dallas, a MAGNET facility, has a full time opportunity for an experienced PCU/Neuro/Telemetry RN.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas - Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission "to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve".
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For®"
• 2015 "Healthiest Employer in North Texas" by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials"
• 2015 "Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles" by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a "Fit-Friendly Worksite"
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of "50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie"
• Ranked #3 on 2015 "100 Best Workplaces for Women list" by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health Dallas is searching for a PCCU Neuro Telemetry RN. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is excellent at communicating with peers, physicians, patients and who cares about customer service.
The PCCU Cardiac - Neuro Telemetry Unit is a 35- bed unit in the new Hamon Tower. We specialize in the care of cardiovascular patients which includes Heart Failure, AMI and Arrhythmia patients, pre and post interventional patients ( Cath and pacemakers), care of Neuro conditions and is a Stroke designated unit. It is a high acuity telemetry unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio.
6:45PM - 7:15AM, (3) 12-hour shifts/week, for a total of 36 hours per week and every other weekend and varied holidays, self-scheduling****
In order to qualify for this the following criteria must be met:
* Associates degree in Nursing -
(RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date).
*BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) preferred.
*One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program.
** 1 year previous experience in Cardiac/Neuro/MS Telemetry or PCU strongly preferred
Current Texas RN license or compact license to practice in the state of Texas upon hire
* Current ACLS certification and AHA BLS/CPR training/certification upon hire
* CPI required within 60 days of hire (Crisis Prevention Intervention training)
(*EKG rhythm interpretation is preferred)
* BCMSN - Board certified Med/Surg RN
* CRRN - Certified Rehab RN
* PCCN - Progressive Care Certified Nurse
* SCRN - Stroke Certified RN
In addition, you must hold a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Texas Health Resources provides a competitive benefits package:
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
* 401K retirement -matching
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Fitness Center discounts
* Free parking
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
and much more!.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named "Best Place to Have a Baby" in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Years of Experience Required: 1
Web Site: http://www.Click2apply.net/8h4ggxsgpjjn96kh
|Contact Name: Apply Online