Leadership position with global responsibility for leading the strategic sourcing function for the IT Professional Services and Market Data categories. Responsibilities include:
* Building and maintaining a team of motivated, engaged and effective sourcing professionals supporting the AIG business and functions globally;
* Providing strategic leadership with respect to the development and execution of global sourcing strategies (both supply and demand) related to significant AIG spend ($800M);
* Establishing and expanding relationships with AIG clients across business units and global functions, including senior management;
* Influencing strategies and decisions and leading complex, highly visible, negotiations with major global vendors;
* Managing relationships with major vendors that support AIG globally; and
* Participating in the leadership of GS&PS across spend categories and functions so as to contribute to the achievement of GS&PS objectives both with respect to this position's direct responsibility as well as GS&PS objectives across categories and functions;
* Providing leadership in a manner that contributes to a culture built on principles of innovation, collaboration, client focus, continuous improvement and empowerment.
* Minimum of 10 years experience in leadership positions within a global sourcing or related function.
* Extensive experience developing and executing global category strategies and leading a team of sourcing professionals responsible for strategic sourcing functions globally, specifically IT Professional Services and Market Data, as well as reviewing, analyzing and negotiating contract terms.
* Experience providing leadership in an environment of change with a focus on innovation, collaboration, client focus, continuous improvement and empowerment.
* Strong reporting, packaging and presentation skills with the ability to analyze and explain pricing models and contract terms.
* Strong understanding of legal and commercial concepts as related to contract negotiations, Statements of Work, and Market Data Agreements and Subscriptions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Exceptional relationship management capabilities, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with senior management.
* Juris Doctor, Certified Purchasing Manager, Masters degree in procurement/supply chain, business or related field, or equivalent experience.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.