Rockwell Collins is seeking experienced Systems Engineers to join their team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa or the Portland, Oregon Metro Area.
A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Are you ready to apply your skills and experience working on systems and products that support our war-fighters and help protect our nation? Then consider moving your career to the growing Government Systems Communication, Navigation and Heads up Display Products Organization. As a Systems Engineer team, you will be part of a multi-functional team comprised of System engineers and Hardware engineers. This team focuses its efforts on product design and enhancements.
If you have experience as a Systems Engineer in one of the following areas: Communications, Navigation or Display. We want to speak to you! Please Apply!
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing under limited supervision all tasks normally associated with the Senior Systems engineering discipline, including bid and proposal work, requirements definitions, design and development, integration and test, and factory support. As product leads, our systems engineers must be able to interact with business development, program management, and our customers.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Analysis and understanding of customer needs/requirements.
- Responding to customer requests for proposals.
- Definition and specification of system level requirements including authorship for systems architecture.
- Preparing for and contributing to design reviews.
- Writing and reviewing test plans and reports.
- Allocation of requirements and systems level resources.
- Definition and specification of deliverable engineering data.
- System level design, including risk identification and risk management.
- Coordination of support engineering and reporting of technical performance.
- Position may include up to 10% travel.
Qualifications for the roles:
- Must possess - a current Secret clearance for the Communication and RF role.
- Must be a US Citizen -Navagation/GPS role
- For the Navigation and heads up display role, you will need to be eligible for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance.
- U.S. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- 2 plus years of System Engineering experience with Communications, RF, Navigation or Display for Avionics.
- Have direct experience with hardware engineering development.
- Experience capturing and maintaining requirements.
- Experience in creation and execution of engineering test cases and procedures.
- Experience developing efficient signal processing architectures and algorithms for direct implementation in embedded digital signal processors for Navigation.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.