We're looking for a dynamic, creative meeting planner who excels at providing unparalleled customer service to meeting owners and attendees, while also ensuring we exceed our client's goals. This candidate will be excellent at driving communication, setting priorities, making quality decisions, and problem solving. Our planners play an important part of our clients overall Strategic Meeting Management Program (SMMP) by focusing on business meetings that impact our client's strategy and bottom line.
Meeting Planners manage all aspects of planning internal and external meetings in the US and also across the globe. Each planner ensures meetings are implemented according to the timeline, budget, and client's expectations. Planners handle meetings for business unit meeting owners and their support staff. These meetings and events require high touch and outstanding customer service. They have ultimate accountability and take the lead role on all program delivery elements utilizing standard processes and procedures to achieve client satisfaction.
· Responsible for end-to-end meeting management for meetings hosted by business unit meeting owners and their support staff.
· Works closely with meeting hosts and vendors to ensure the highest standards of confidentiality and ethics in an effort to protect the customer's business interests and brand.
· Possesses a "Make it Happen" attitude by taking action on any urgent or unique requests made by customers within the confines of approved business conduct practices.
· Delivers excellent verbal and written communication with extreme attention to detail.
· Provides unparalleled customer service and the customer experience to meeting owners and attendees
· Plan meetings with meticulous attention to detail
· Proactively escalate potential client or program issues to management for timely resolution
· Ownership and communication of timeline, budget/pro-forma, and reporting
· Financial accountability for programs including adherence to deposit terms, project estimates and billing guidelines
· Work closely with the sourcing specialists to drive the venue sourcing process and negotiation of all vendor contracts related to a particular meeting or event.
· Presents meeting specific proposals and debriefs to business units owner as required
· Travel to programs as needed to provide on-site assistance for assigned programs, acting as the program lead or in collaboration with a meeting host
· Complies with Meeting & Event technology usage as required (StarCite). Knowledge of this web based registration tool is a plus.
· Time tracks as requested by management
· Minimum 3-5 years of current relative Meeting and Event Management experience required, typical experience is 4-6 years
· CMP designation an asset, formal Project Management designation and training an asset
· College diploma or degree in related field
· Computer proficiency in Apple products and Microsoft office suite
· Ability to remain calm and composed under stressful situations
· Strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure
· Proven ability in Project Management
· Proven negotiating skills
· Strong communications skills verbal, written and presentation skills
· Strong Financial Acumen
· Ability to travel to events as needed
· Knowledge of web based registration tools is a plus
· Position is based in Austin, TX