A Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing and developing tools, fixtures, and processes to support existing products and new product development initiatives.
· Develop and optimize manufacturing processes to improve efficiency, quality, and safety.
· Work with the Production team to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues.
· Design and implement tooling or programming solutions to enhance the manufacturing process.
· Program and maintain PLCs for our machines and equipment.
· Implement and maintain Fanuc Robots for automation and robotics applications.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support continuous improvement initiatives.
· Oversee and mentor technicians in the Manufacturing Engineering department.
· Utilize 3D modeling systems for the design and modeling of our processes and equipment.
· Use AutoCAD 2D to maintain or update plant layouts.
Education and Training
· Bachelor's degree in a related technical area is required (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred)
· 3-5 years of engineering experience required.
· Professional experience in a manufacturing environment which includes the processes of machining, welding, or assembly.
· Familiarity with Fanuc Robot operation and programming.
· Proficiency with Allen Bradley PLC programming. Siemens PLC knowledge a plus.
· 3D modeling experience. PTC Creo III preferred.
· Hands-on experience in tooling & fixturing methods a plus.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced Production manufacturing environment.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
· Must be willing to travel to Hendrickson manufacturing facilities or trainings as needed.
· Must be able to physically assemble mechanical and electrical machine designs, adjusting as needed.
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Work Environment: Manufacturing/Office.
· Lighting: Adequate.
· Temperature: Non-Temperature Controlled in manufacturing. Humidity, Heat, Cold are factors during the year. AC/Heat controlled in office.
Innovative - Feeling comfortable in fast-changing environments; being willing to take risks and to consider new and untested approaches
Persuasive - Building commitment by convincing others and winning them over to your point of view
Excitement - Operating with a good deal of energy, intensity and emotional expression; having a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved
Tactical - Emphasizing the production of immediate results by focusing on short-range, hands-on, practical strategies
Feedback - Letting others know in a straightforward manner what you think of them, how well they have performed and if they have met your needs and expectations
Production - Adopting a strong orientation toward achievement, holding high expectations for yourself and others, pushing yourself and others to achieve at high levels
Cooperation - Accommodating the needs and interests of others by being willing to defer performance on your own objectives in order to assist colleagues with theirs
Consensual - Valuing the ideas and opinions of others and collecting their input as part of your decision-making process.
Empathy - Demonstrating an active concern for people and their needs by forming close and supportive relationships with others
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.