SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Business Development Manager, Major Projects is responsible for generating sales revenue growth for the business. In this role you will focus on strengthening existing customer relationships, while identifying and establishing new customers across the United States. This role has flexibility with work location but there will be frequent travel to customers to develop strategic business relationships and providing modular building solutions for their respective project, industry or geography. Industry experience is a MUST.
WHY JOIN ATCO:
ATCO is committed to operational excellence and empowering our employees to do their best by supporting their health and drive to learn more. Besides competitive salaries, we offer the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Company paid Life/AD&D /STD/LTD Plans
- 401(K) plan with Company match
- Employee Share Purchase Program (ESPP) with Company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
At ATCO, we believe in strengthening the communities where we work & live. Through our EPIC program, our employees are given the opportunity to get involved in their community through fundraising events, employee pledges and employee volunteer hours supporting charitable organizations of their choice.
WHO YOU ARE: As the ideal candidate for this role, you are someone who can:
- Proactively maintain and expand current customer relationships, while fostering new relationships through market prospecting and delivering best in class customer service
- Identify new markets for developing new business and contacting potential customers
- Attend national and regional networking events to keep current on industry/market trends, competitor strategy and new opportunities to expand the business
- Prepare customer quotations, negotiate pricing & terms and prepare sales agreements in accordance with all company policies
- Organize sales administration activities using project summaries, sales packages, presentations, quotation & pipeline tracking, customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Follow sales and rental contracts through to completion by overseeing timely delivery, set up and execution according to agreed terms
- Source third party services as appropriate to assist in the supply of specific project requirements
- Participate in preparing sales budgets, accurate forecasting, and sales projections each month
- Collaborate with the sales, design, and manufacturing teams to meet customer product demands
- Participate in value engineering activities and makes recommendations to improve the company's position to supply competitive solutions to our customers
- Respond timely to customer inquiries and provide resolution to any issues as required
- Perform other various duties as required
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- An undergraduate degree in business or related field; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- A minimum of ten (10) years of sales experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Modular construction industry experience.
- Highly self-motivated and accountable to succeed in meeting sales & earnings targets and goals
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate technical product knowledge to our customers
- Strong organizational skills to balance deadlines, on and off-site meetings and keeping proposals and sales activities on track
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build and maintain high quality internal and external relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication & negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and working knowledge of CRM's such as Salesforce
- Willingness to travel as business objectives require
ATCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. ATCO is a drug-free workplace and participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.