ECHO (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $36.13 - $49.14
*May be eligible for a $20,000 employment incentive*
*Relocation Assistance Offered*
The Cardiac Sonographer is responsible for performing diagnostic imaging services in the specialty of Ultrasound and for the operation of a variety of equipment to produce images of the patient's body for diagnostic purposes. Interviews patients, explains procedures, and assists in positioning the patient for procedures. Reviews test results with the Cardiologist.
Essential Job Functions
* Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
* Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations as ordered by the physician.
* Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of all patients in the sonographic area. Interviews patient, explains examination procedures and process and assists in positioning the patient for scans.
* Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images. Coordinates with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
* Coordinates scheduling, transportation and scanning of patients.
* Maintains patient examination records in accordance with Billings Clinic policies, procedures and standards.
* Assists physicians with invasive Ultrasound guidance procedures as appropriate to service needs.
* Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information, medical history, and utilizes independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings. Prepares preliminary reports and/or checklist for the interpreting physician. Reviews exam with the interpreting physician as requested. Communicates with attending and referring physicians as appropriate.
* Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area in a neat, organized manner and maintains adequate supplies.
* Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Participates in maintenance of laboratory accreditation. Complies with general training required by Billings Clinic as well as specific training required of the position.
* Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of ultrasound, vascular and echocardiography technology.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
* Graduate of an accredited diagnostic medical sonography program
* Associates degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography required
* On-the-job training and experience equivalents will be considered in lieu of completion of a diagnostic medical sonography program for staff who obtained their training prior to the availability of formal training programs and who are currently registered with the ARDMS.
* Basic EKG training
Certifications and Licenses
* Current Health Care Provider CPR Certification at hire
* Registered with the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) within 1 year of hire
* CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International) within 1 year of hire
* Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) issued by CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International) within 1 year of hire
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered