Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group. As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in MEP, information and communication technology, architectural lighting, vertical transportation, and commissioning.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team in San Francisco or Sacramento, CA. Our team is looking for a candidate with significant mechanical design experience. This candidate should also have the desire to help grow our team, and to manage and develop our young mechanical engineers.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for representing the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members. You will be responsible for designing large projects, preparing reports and specifications, and providing a high level of technical leadership.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing consulting services, including preparation of due diligence reports, gap analyses, and feasibility reports
- Develop sustainable mechanical solutions, producing concepts and detailed drawings
- Overseeing the production of drawings consistent with client requirements and standards
- Coordinating with design team, owner, and contractors
- Establishing design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects
- Preparation of proposals and administering project contracts between SHG and the client, including Add Service Agreements
- Conducting business development activities, participating in various trade organizations, and preparing presentations
- Establishing project budgets and schedules
- Participating in QA/QC process of completed work by staff
- Performing staff resource management and review
Successful candidates must have a current EIT and/or PE registration as a Mechanical Engineer with a solid, and stable work track record. The capability to fully design mechanical systems for various building types not only commercial and mixed-use but also mission critical, life science and R+D facilities would be a major plus and good fit for this dynamic role.
Additional requirements of the Senior Mechanical Engineer include:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 8 years' experience working in a consulting firm
- LEED AP accreditation, highly preferred
- Candidate should possess a strong ability to coordinate mechanical systems with architectural, structural, electrical, and telecom, as well as its constructability and cost
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT experience
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design Engineering)
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Work from home Fridays
At Syska, we promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
The salary range listed below is for this particular job posting. Actual pay range for candidates will be commensurate with candidate's experience, skillsets and competencies and may differ based on the cost of labor in their particular location.
Pay range: $60,067 - $143,090.
COVID - 19 vaccination require for all new hires.
Syska Hennessy Group | Integrating the best minds and technology to help clients create exceptional environments.