Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in MEP, information and communication technology, architectural lighting, vertical transportation, and commissioning.
We currently have an opportunity for a Lighting Designer to join our dynamic lighting professionals in our San Diego Lighting Design Studio.
Our lighting designers are active leaders and innovators in this rapidly changing industry. For instance, the LED media mesh design that wraps the Mandeville art Gallery at the University of California San Diego blurs the lines between dynamic media art and lighting that creates excitement and attraction to the gallery space. By contrast, our award-winning designs for the new Lyle & Grace Prescott Memorial Prayer Chapel at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego took cues from the architecture, which promotes serenity and yet connotes the power of prayer. A lighting approach that used hidden sources to support the impression that the chapel itself is the source of light.
Our collaborative work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it is everything you will need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As an architectural lighting designer, you will support the lighting studio working towards our designs that are inspiring, demanding and highly collaborative. You will be responsible for providing trade-specific system design: layout, calculations (utilizing appropriate software), and coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external). You will conduct field inspections to determine existing conditions and to coordinate new work.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Create designs from concept through construction administration under the direction of the senior designer(s), produce CAD and/or REVIT construction lighting drawings for a variety of projects and project sizes
- Support the design efforts of lighting systems for new installations, system retrofits, system replacement and system upgrades for a wide variety of projects and project types
- Learn drawing organization and company standards
- Take ownership of completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the work assignments
- Attend project meetings and coordinate lighting design efforts with clients and other project team members
- Attend continuing education seminars on technical or professional enhancing topics
The ideal candidate will enjoy a team environment and also flexible enough to work independently where needed. Candidates for this role will be eager to learn and will expand their knowledge and hands on experience by challenging themselves and using the highly technical resources around them.
Additional job requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university in Architecture, Interior Design, Theater, Lighting Design or Architectural Engineering
- Minimum of 3 to 7 years of lighting design experience is required
- Proficiency in the latest versions of Auto CAD and Revit, is a must
- Basic working knowledge of AGI Calculation software, Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch Up, is a must
- Passion for lighting design and learning, is a must
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to be the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide our full-time employees with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Half-day Fridays working from home
At Syska, we promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
The salary range listed below is for this particular job posting. Actual pay range for candidates will be commensurate with candidate's experience, skillsets and competencies and may differ based on the cost of labor in their particular location.
Pay range: $54,606 - $118,256.
COVID - 19 vaccination require for all new hires.
Syska Hennessy Group | Integrating the best minds and technology to help clients create exceptional environments.