Associate Practice Area Director - Science and Technology
As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We are currently seeking a performance-driven, highly motivated leader to collaborate with our global science and technology team with the opportunity to grow into and oversee this practice area in the West region. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage our well-established legacy and brand with existing clients and innovative projects. This role can be located in any of the following locations: Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco / Bay Area, CA; Sacramento, CA. Travel will be required.
In this high-level role, you will lead the efforts to pursue, win and execute pharmaceutical manufacturing, laboratory, semi-conductor manufacturing, and medical device projects. You will provide management review and oversee our regional science and technology team including development of business plans, target pursuits and execute a wide variety of projects, organizational structures, and processes. This role will report to the regional and practice area leadership for the firm.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your professional consulting career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, the latest and greatest hardware / software, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it is everything you will need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a management owned private entity, we seek to reward our key leaders with ownership opportunities to drive overall performance and recognition.
As an Associate Practice Area Director, you will oversee and expand an existing staff, coordinate the execution of all science and technology activities in your region and maintain client satisfaction. You will generate new revenue and increase existing revenue streams. You will stay externally focused on developing and deepening your network of prospective clients and business partners, including owners, architects, and PM/CM firms, as well as key general contractors. You will track leads for major pursuits, forecast a pipeline of projects and develop winning strategies and teams.
- Stay abreast of the market both regionally and globally and keep key team members at the technical forefront of this practice area
- Develop an appropriate network within the company to facilitate identification and sharing of relevant information between our national team for staffing and project pursuits
- Focus on ensuring technical excellence of project delivery and providing expert resolution of issues
- Develop, review, and coordinate the regional practice area business plan in conjunction with the global science and technology business plan including coordinating the business plan with other practice areas, geographies, and services
- Coordinate goals with other members of the global team to help execute business plan
- Develop strategies and tactics to explore and penetrate new clients to increase sales and higher margin work
- Oversee project financials and interoffice / client reporting structure
- Work towards revenue generation goal of $1 million to $3 million (annual average for two years)
- Develop and articulate the firm's value proposition in the market segment to develop market distinction
- Lead and/or support sales presentations while focusing on selling integrated services
- Be an active leader and problem solver guiding our team and our partners to successfully deliver exceptional projects
- Write articles, white papers and speak at industry conferences and events
- Responsible for strategic recruitment of senior staff with market specific experience; provide leadership to newly hired direct reports
The ideal candidate will possess the necessary leadership skills to oversee all efforts for clients, demonstrating an understanding of owner / client big picture business strategies and revenue goals, as well as the ability to foresee challenges. To succeed in this role, your technical expertise must be complemented by self-motivation, relationship building skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a recognized expert in the science and technology market focus within the industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering; exceptional candidates may substitute significant years of experience
- 12+ years of Life Science design experience, preferably minimum of 5 years in consulting engineering or A/E firm
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- 5+ years' experience in developing business for engineering
- Thorough knowledge of MEP systems
- PE registration highly desired
- Effective team player with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
As an Associate Practice Area Director with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Work from home Fridays
- Opportunity for ownership as part of this management owned company
At Syska, we promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
The salary range listed below is for this particular job posting. Actual pay range for candidates will be commensurate with candidate's experience, skillsets and competencies and may differ based on the cost of labor in their particular location.
Pay range: $96,120 - $189,237.
COVID - 19 vaccination require for all new hires.
Syska Hennessy Group | Integrating the best minds and technology to help clients create exceptional environments