Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group. As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in MEP, information and communication technology, architectural lighting, vertical transportation, commissioning, and energy modeling. We are looking a Sustainability Specialist II-IV to join our Jacksonville, FL office.
Your experience working in a consulting design firm working on projects such as commercial building projects, aviation, higher-education, civic, healthcare, and mission critical will ensure your success in this role. Working in our New York office, you will contribute to the design of major projects from various markets and from around the world.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it is everything you will need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a Sustainability Specialist II-IV, you be part of the High-Performance Solution Team and deliver high performance building energy modeling and sustainability analysis in the region and possibly landmark projects around the world. In support of the firm's commitment to the MEP 2040 Challenge, you will be integral to driving our electrification and decarbonization efforts by acting as a consultant to your teammates and clients. You will regularly interact with other HPS team members and MEP engineers in the local offices and around the firm on project engagements.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Whole building energy modeling
- Energy efficiency measure analysis
- Net Zero Energy/Carbon roadmapping
- Green building certification support (LEED, WELL, LBC, RESET, etc.)
- Renewable energy analysis
- Incentive and rebate program support
- Beneficial electrification consulting
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Energy Auditing
- Understanding of local and national energy codes and policies
- Offer support and consultation related to sustainability strategies, energy efficiency measures, innovative technologies, voluntary rating standards, codes, and industry trends, etc.
- Present at internal and external lunch & learn type trainings
- Work with owner and architect clients and MEP design engineers to develop energy and water efficiency strategies and system approaches on their projects - relating to high performance HVAC systems, plumbing systems and electrical/lighting systems.
The ideal candidate will focus on energy modeling or T24 and have the ability to apply relevant industry knowledge; be up to date on new and existing tools related to sustainability strategies, energy efficiency measures, technologies, voluntary rating standards, codes, industry, and trends; be someone who possesses strong communication and organizational skills; and who has the desire and ability to grow to a senior level Sustainability Specialist role.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to read, review, and evaluate Architectural and Engineering drawings and visualize three-dimensional models
- Familiarity with design tools such as Revit and AutoCAD
- Competency with simulation and modeling tools, (primarily IESVE and CA Title-24 code compliance tools such as EnergyPro and CBECC. Additional tools may include Windows, COMFEN, Climate Consultant, Sefaira, Cove.Tool, eQuest, EnergyPlus, PVWATTS.)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a consulting firm working on energy modeling.
- Basic understanding of proper system selection and applicable building codes
- Knowledge of LEED and WELL design principles
- LEED accredited and WELL accredited or on track to achieving accreditation
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Work from home Fridays
At Syska, we promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
Syska Hennessy Group | Integrating the best minds and technology to help clients create exceptional environments.